It is our goal as at the IHSS Public Authority to assist eligible low-income elderly and persons with disabilities in San Diego County (Consumers) to live high quality lives in their own homes. We accomplish this by recruiting, screening, and training Individual Providers (home care workers) who are available to assist our eligible Consumers in their own homes. This service is available at no cost to the eligible Consumer.
Although we are an independent public agency, we work closely with the County of San Diego Aging and Independence Services to provide the best possible assistance to our eligible Consumers. Please take a few minutes to browse through our website. Here, you’ll find valuable information including, but not limited to:
- Our Registry of available Individual Providers
- Recruitment process for Individual Providers
- Salary and Benefits for Individual Providers
- Available training opportunities for Individual Providers
If you are a Consumer, you will find information on how our Registry Coordinators can:
- Help you understand your role and responsibilities of being an employer
- Help you understand how to interview and hire Individual Providers
- Help you develop Provider schedules
- Help you understand time sheets and the payroll process
- Help you develop a system for keeping track of provider's hours
- Help you maintain a good relationship between you and your provider
If you want to learn more about the history of the Public Authority, please go to the following link: PA History
Quality Service = Quality Care
Click here for our Consumer Teleforum Conference call
Cal Medi-Connect Informational Video Here
ATTENTION: IHSS Providers and IHSS Consumers!
We'd like to hear from you! Click here to complete this optional survey.
Oprima aqui para contestar un cuestionario opcional.
back to top of page