Working as a Provider is important and rewarding but it can also be very hard. Some Consumers may be very demanding; a few may be unpleasant. A Consumer’s condition or situation may cause you to worry or may be upsetting to you. Some tips on how to maintain good mental and physical health include:
- Try to maintain a positive attitude
- Talk about problems before they get serious
- Take care of yourself. Take breaks if you are working several hours
- Stay in good health by eating a nutritious diet and getting sufficient sleep
- Try to get away for recreation, exercise, and social time
- Find someone or a group that can give you support and understanding
Although we appreciate your desire to assist Consumers in need, please remember that it is also important to take care of yourself as well.