As a Provider, you may be receiving new items in the mail soon. The State of California is refunding FICA deductions from the last quarter. If you receive a check, and you’re not sure what it is for, please call us at (866) 351-7722 and we can verify the payment.
By January 31, 2018, the State of California will have mailed all the Providers’ W-2 forms. Expect to receive your W-2 form in the mail by mid-February.
If you, as a Provider, work for multiple Consumers/Clients, make sure to fill out a W-4 form for each Consumer/Client in order to have the proper amount of taxes withheld from your payments.
Happy New Year! We here at the Public Authority wish you all a happy, safe, healthy and prosperous 2018! We’re looking forward to lots of new things in the coming year, including paid sick leave for IHSS providers, beginning July 2018. Please check this space monthly for updates on current happenings at the PA.
As the calendar turns and caregivers contemplate resolutions (promises) for beginning the year with a bang, we offer a few tips that can help you stay strong and energized in the New Year!
1) Thank yourself in case no one else does. Even if they don’t say it out loud, they are thinking it and know how fortunate they are to have you caring for them.
2) Take time out of every day to care yourself so you can go on caring for your senior.
3) Get your flu shot! You can’t afford to be sick! Be sure you take care of yourself, including all preventive health care to keep you well.
4) Read a book of inspiration or new ideas!
5) Join a support group! Learn from others who walk in your shoes and then help someone else cope!
6) Maintain balance between your family, work, and caregiving life.
7) Deal with your emotions of anger, confusion, frustration and talk with others who can help you.
8) Stay positive – you are making a difference in the life of someone!
We wish happiness and health to you and you’re the senior you will be assisting during the upcoming year!
Oh, and let us say it — Thank you!”
Adapted from article by Kathy Birkett at http://seniorcarecorner.com
As this year comes to an end, we are reminded that January brings the beginning of tax season. We would like to remind all providers to make sure their address and phone numbers are updated in our system in order to avoid delays in the receipt of their W-2 form. The 2017 W-2 form will be mailed to the address in the system at the end of December. For more information, please call the Public Authority at (866) 351-7722.