Provider Services FAQ’s

Who increases or decreases the number of hours I am authorized to work?

The IHSS Social Worker assigned to the Consumer you work for is responsible for determining how many hours you are authorized to work.

Can you transfer my authorized hours to another Individual Provider?

No, you must contact the Consumer’s IHSS Social Worker. They are the only ones allowed to authorize hours to an Individual Provider.

Why did my eligibility end?

We do not authorize eligibility. You will need to have the Consumer contact the IHSS Social Worker for clarification.

How do I submit a change of address?

If you need to change your address, contact the Public Authority at 866-351-7722. You may also do the change of address through your ESP account.

Is there direct deposit?

Yes. For information or questions about payroll via direct deposit, please contact the State of California 1-866-376-7066.

How long does it take to process my timesheet?

2 to 3 calendar days.

What do I do if I need a verification of employment?

Please contact the Public Authority at 866-351-7722 or fax your request to 619-338-8144.

What do I do if I’m injured while performing IHSS related tasks?

If you are injured while performing an IHSS approved task for your consumer, please call (619) 731-3885 immediately and listen carefully to the instructions.

Can I fill out my timesheet online?

Yes! The State of California offers electronic timesheets in the IHSS Electronic Services Portal (ESP) for providers to fill out their timesheets online quickly and conveniently.

How do I enroll in the IHSS Electronic Services Portal?

Go directly to to register for the service. For additional assistance, contact the ESP Help Desk at (866) 376-7066 Option #4. For more information, click here.

Do I qualify for paid sick leave?

Yes, beginning July 1, 2021, after working 100 hours you will have earned 24 hours of paid sick leave. To use your sick leave, you must work another 200 hours, or after 60 more days have passed. For more information, click here.

How can I claim my paid sick hours?

To claim your paid sick leave, use form SOC2302 and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form. You can also fill out and submit your request through the ESP.