To become a Public Authority Registry individual provider (caregiver), you are required to:
- Call Public Authority at (866) 351-7722 on the third (3rd) Thursday of the month to request a Registry individual screening appointment.
• Phone lines open at 8:00 a.m.
• Appointments are limited, scheduled on a “first-call, first-served” basis
• Individual screening appointments take place via Zoom
- Complete and submit a Registry application and reference forms.
• You will receive these documents and instructions via e-mail
• Documents must be submitted by the deadline given in the e-mail
- Pending a passing score at the individual screening, attend a Registry workshop, which will cover the following:
• Valuable in-home caregiving skills
• Information regarding the Public Authority
• Information regarding the IHSS Program
- At the Registry workshop, pass a basic test on the topics covered
- After successfully completing the Registry workshop, pass a criminal background check through the California Department of Justice “DOJ”
After completing these steps in becoming an individual provider, the Public Authority Registry can refer you to work with IHSS consumers.