Join the Public Authority Registry caregiver team:
- Call Public Authority at (866) 351-7722 on the third (3rd) Thursday of the month to request a Registry individual screening appointment.
cPhone lines open at 8:00 a.m.
• Appointments are limited, scheduled on a “first-call, first-served” basis
• Individual screening appointments take place via Zoom
- Complete and submit a Registry application and reference forms.
• You will receive these documents and instructions via e-mail
• Documents must be submitted by the deadline given in the e-mail
- Attend a Registry Individual Screening appointment via Zoom and receive a passing score
- Attend a Registry workshop and pass a basic test on the following topics which are covered during the workshop:
• Valuable in-home caregiving skills
• Information regarding the Public Authority
• Information regarding the IHSS Program
- Pass a criminal background check (Live Scan) through the California Department of Justice (DOJ)
• Applicants who are NOT already enrolled as an active IHSS provider are required to complete the enrollment process (an appointment is needed and will be scheduled by a Registry representative after meeting all DOJ requirements)
- After successfully completing the above steps, you will receive a welcome letter from the Registry. The Public Authority Registry will now begin referring your name out to IHSS consumers (IHSS recipients) who are looking to hire caregivers.